The Veterinary Diagnostic Service has access to laboratory capabilities covering a wide range of disciplines. The Service also has access to all the other expertise, information and facilities within the The Institute of Aquaculture.
- Histopathology suite equipped to produce stained sections from a range of aquatic animals.
- H&E stained sections and special histopathological stains produced by experienced technical staff.
- Slides produced from complete range of fish tissues.
- Testing antimicrobial products both in vitro and in vivo
- Bacteriology suite for isolation and identification of fish pathogens.
- Morphological, biochemical and molecular identification techniques.
- Reference bacterial Fish pathogen collection
- Molecular assays
- Dedicated Virology Unit with cell culture and virus isolation facilities.
- Wide range of cell lines available - the variation we have is unique.
- Range of molecular diagnostic techniques.
- Transmission and Scanning Electron Microscopes available.
- Diagnostic and research capability
- Electron micrographs available
Access to Institute of Aquaculture facilities
- Water Quality Analysis
- Vaccine Development
- Feed Analysis